Help with pricing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Shastanova, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Shastanova

Shastanova LawnSite Member

Hey guys, i need some ideas on what to charge for trimming. I trimmed up some Palm Trees and some bushes. Do I charge by the hour or do i charge by the bush/tree? :confused:

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

figure a hourly wage with your cost to where you have a profit, tell them a price per job with a dump fee.

3. Shastanova

Well, i dont have to dump the stuff i just set it out at the curb and the garbage guys pick it up. Does $25 an hour sound good, and should i charge different for trees? Like $20 to trim the palm tree since it only takes me 5 minutes to do that?

4. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

How large are the palms? If they are over 15ft, you should be charging a fair amount since they are a pain to trim.

I have set my prices around $25.00 a palm to do a major trimming, if its just a few fonds, I wouldnt charge as much, but if your dealing with 4 plus fonds, I would charge by the palm.

5. Shastanova

I cut off about 12 palm frawns and it was about 13 feet high to where i didnt need a ladder. What u think about the bushes?