Help with pricing?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by goinggreen123, Oct 22, 2012.

1. goinggreen123

goinggreen123 LawnSite Member

I know you guys have probably heard this question a million times but what are your regular maintenance rates? And what are your clean up and brush work rates? And how come you charge what you charge thanks:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I shoot for $50 to $75/hr, with my spring/fall cleanup rate at $60 and my brush clearing/chain saw rate at $75. I charge more for brush work because it's hard work that can be dangerous and tends to require a lot of tool maintenance...trashed blades and chains and frequent cleaning/sharpening etc.

Bascially if it's the type of work that I can only do for 6 hours without being exhausted, I'm going to charge more in order to get my day rate up to what it would have been for a longer day.

3. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

They are site specific. I do have nominal rates to drop a gate but since I have ejected that part of my business several years ago I couldn't answer.
    Also scope of service performed dictates pricing. Since I am licensed for chemical applications, irrigation work and tree trimming along power lines, what I charge per hour you couldn't get so it doesn't matter.

4. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

I charge $1 million. That way I only need 1 customer to say yes.

5. acculawnsystems

acculawnsystems LawnSite Member

Over the past 16 years our pricing structures have changed. We would charge by the job in the beginning now we charge by the hour with a range on How long we think it will take. Pricing all of your services can be tricky and can take a lot of thought. I would advice checking out acculawnsystems.com where we have templates that can help you set up your pricing for all of your services. You can even email instant quotes to you customers or give instant quotes right on your websites.

6. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

My "regular" maintenance rates are anywhere from 35-85. Cleanups are 50-400. Hope that helps :) I charge what I charge because it's the amount I want to make. I sell on quality not price. If you want more in depth questions and answers educate yourself. If you want to learn from this forum try out the Search button

7. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

:laugh: I think I might try that one!