HELP...with professional contract...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ParksLandscaping, Oct 18, 2000.

1. ParksLandscaping

ParksLandscaping LawnSite Member

I think that this forum is great. Keep up the great work!

Just to fill you in, I am 18 years old and bought out a small landscaping company, taking over in July. At that time, we received 40 customers with the business. In the short few months, we are at 100 customers. We are planning on starting a second crew next year.

None of the customers that I currently have are under contract, but starting next year, that is going to change. I am wondering if anyone would like to share with me, what their contract (quote, estimate, etc.) looks like. I am looking to design a very professional looking one, aiming more towards my commercial accounts. I am hopeing to someday only cut commercial propertys. I would be more than willing to pay to have one mailed to me. E-mail me privately if you could possibly help out in any way. Thanks for all the help in advance.

Sincerely,
    Dave

2. The Lawn Genie

The Lawn Genie LawnSite Member

Do a search for "contract."

3. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

E-mail me and i will send you one i use.
    chuck@wblandscape.com

4. NEBS is the beginning landscapers best friend. We still use their one page contract form for both maintenance and construction at 1.5 million in volume.

Give me a fax number and I will fax you one.

5. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I wouldn't mind faxing one or even sending you one.

Colandscapin@aol.com

I would prefer to send it. I can send a couple cover letters too and a couple spring ideas.

6. T.C.O.B.

T.C.O.B. LawnSite Member
    from Zone 9

Hey Guys, I'd like to take a look at those as well. Never to proud to learn or take advantage of something that may improve my business. Thanks!

7. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We also get all our software and stationary, propsals, door hangers, contracts, and more at Nebs http://www.nebs.com I can fax you over a sample of one! You wont be disapointed.

8. landscaper3

Hey Dave at Parks Landscaping we tried from 8pm to 9pm to fax you one, Ill try tommorow your phone has constant busy signal

9. Lawn Cruiser

Lawn Cruiser LawnSite Member

Do most of you use contracts on residential lawns? I think that my customers would be upset if I made them sign a contract. So far I've never had a problem.

10. landscaper3

(Lawn Cruise) Contracts on residential homes are like walking on a fine line, We maintain many residetial homes and keep contracts with commercial accounts. What we do is make up on a contract propsal that this contracts us to mow there lawn at this x-amount of dollers per mow and all payments to be recieved by the 15th of the following month or a late fee of $5.00 may be added to next billing cycle. In another words it real simple they agree to pay you say $40.00per week to mow, second they have no problem with paying by the 15th of the following month (or make other payment arrangements). Its on paper if anything happens. Many customers have taking us for rides years ago and we put a stop to it this way and had no complaints on this procedure either.