1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help with pumps.

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by SMSnyder, Jul 10, 2011.

1. SMSnyder

SMSnyder LawnSite Member

Hey guys first post, been lurking, reading, gathering info for awhile now though. Haven't started any type of business yet, still getting a game plan going. Anyways I'm asking this question more from a diy/homeowner perspective. I have a lot of moss growth and algae black streaks going on and I'm trying to tackle it. I tried MossOut with a hose end sprayer and was not happy with the results, chemicals were kinda harsh. I'm not sure as to what chemicals to use, maybe someone could post a link for me. Also kind of looking at pumps. I don't know which GPH/GPM to look at. Don't know the pros/cons of a 12v vs. a 110/120v, I am on a budget too. I'm pretty much looking to pump out of a tank/garbage can onto the roof without the use of a pressure washer. Thanks in advance for any info guys. I appreciate it!
  2. Pressure Washing Cleve

Pressure Washing Cleve LawnSite Member

If you're looking for a cheap pump; just go with a pump-up sprayer.
  3. SMSnyder

SMSnyder LawnSite Member

Yeah since I have to be cheap, through some of my research I've been doing unfortunately I probably will need a hand pump sprayer. I'd like to get a kit from pressure tek but that ain't happenin. Anyone care to share info on what they're using for chemicals? I've seen so many different chemicals and blends I don't know what to think. Should I go with TSP, Cholorine or oxygen bleach or a mix? I see a couple different environmentally friendly companies that have powedered mixes...I think containing Peroxide or something. Thanks again guys!