Help with Punch Landscaping

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by EagleLandscape, Dec 8, 2003.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I've got punch home design. is it poissible to load in a jpeg of a customers house so I can place the plants and such against it to see how it will look.

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Jwingfield2k,

Here is their support forum.

When you get it working, post your pic so we can see! :)

3. EagleLandscape

Thanks Team Gopher! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all of your helpful posts! You are a real addition to this site. One of my customers just called Sunday night wanting tons of work done. Well when I say tons, I mean 3-4k (alot for a homeowner around here I guess). So it's off to the drawing board.

4. EagleLandscape

visited their support forum, but it sucks. i'll just wait for someone to help me here.

5. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky LawnSite Member

It can be done.....but, It really looks cheezy. It turns out looking like a picture of a house standing in a field with some landscaping in front of it. It is not 3D. I designed my home landscaping with Punch but the one with the pic of my house was nowhere worth the trouble it took to make it. The pic has to be trimmed to just the house with now sky or background around it. Basically a large pain in the butt.:dizzy:

6. Razorblade

Razorblade LawnSite Member

I have that same program and wasted a lot of time trying to figure it out and make it do the things I wanted it to do. I finally accepted the fact that I wasted my money as it sits a little closer to the trash can each time I re-organize my desk. I thought it was just me.....nice to know otherwise!

7. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I echo what Mr. Lucky and Razorblade said.....junk.

8. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

There's a number on the box to send this piece of crap back to for your money back. Thats what I did! Resign to the fact that ierra is better and if you want to do more than that open up the checkbook.

9. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I have it to but havent had the time to read the book.Hasn't this been talked about a couple of months ago and I believe there are people using this software with success,am I not correct? If it is junk,what is a good program thats easy to use?

10. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

throw your punch software in the garbage and get ProLandscape9.0. Its worth every penny.

Chuck
    Perfect Property Services Inc.