Help with purchasing a new wb aerator

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Raj, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Raj

Raj LawnSite Member

Hi,
    Need some recommendations on purchasing a new wb aerator, that needs to be small enough (like Ryan lawnaire IV), so it can be loaded into a minivan. This will be a new parttime business to do avg 5000 sq ft lawns around Atlanta, GA.
    I would appreciate your feedback on your experience with different makes and models (eg Ryan, PlugR, etc), and its ease of use. I have rented several times (Home depot - Ryan?) and can handle the machines. However they do wear u out.
    Help, I need to make a buying decision pretty soon.

Thanks

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Ryan aerators are very nice. I have rented Ryan's, Lesco's, Classen and Husqvarna aerators. The husqvarna was junk! The Lesco was ok but it was a very fatigue inducing machine. The Ryan unit and Classen units were the best.
    I have A ryna thatcher and love the unit so I will probably stick with ryan products. JMO

3. mverick

mverick LawnSite Senior Member

I have a turfco turn aer4 and like it. I liked the plugr too but the turn aer4 4 drove itself and I'd have to get the plugr 850 for that and it's a little large for small yards. Didn't think it pulled as well as the turn aer's.