help with putting lesco spreader together!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lampeslawnservice, Mar 23, 2005.

1. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I need help putting this darn deflector shield on. I have the shield on but the connecting bar seems (to me at least) to have been formed or bent wrong. I called Lesco they said they were aware of the problem would send me another one right away. It gets here and it is formed exactly the same way. So either I am miss reading their instructions or they messed up again. If anyone could post a picture of their LESCO SS Spreader 80# model it would be great. Just need a pic of the L shaped piece that connects to shield on one end and threaded rod on other. Hope all this makes sense to someone. Thanks in advance

2. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck, mine barlley worked when I first put it on and now it doesn't work at all and hasn't for a long time. But don't worry, you won't use it that much anyway.

EG

3. lampeslawnservice

Well that stinks. I kinda like the idea of it working!

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I gave up on the deflector shield working well. I just cut my areas in by tipping the spreader on one wheel.

5. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Lampeslawnservice. I am at work now but can take a picture of mine tonight when I get home if no one posts one by then. I bought mine already installed and the only possible future problem I see is the deflector staying in the up position when not in use. Got it mainly for overseeding (around beds). I use to live and do lawn care in Burlington several years ago. Do you know Kirk Massner?

6. lampeslawnservice

Now thats cool. I just met Kurt last week. He and a few other REC guys were digging a trench in the neighbors yard to hook them up to Rathburn water. Where did you live in Burlington? I live in Beaverdale.
    As far as the deflector goes let me clarify it's not the "L" shaped rod, its the boomerang looking "L" shaped bar. THANKS! Great to meet ya! Ever in Burlington again give me a call I'm in the yellow book!

7. marko

This is Kirk. A dentist. That might be his cousin. I will snap some photos and put them on here tonight.

I lived off of Sunnyside.

8. lampeslawnservice

Don't know that Kirk then, but think I have heard of him come to think of it. Do you mow full time in Chi-town?

9. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I do that too. I hate that deflector! I almost feel like Bo Duke when I run on one wheel...lol

10. marko

Just starting this year. Going to stay at my "regular" job until I get let go. I bought a company several years ago in Burlington but it needed "Major" revamping and I got divorced.