Help with rolled grass farming

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Perex, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Perex

Perex LawnSite Member

Welcome all. My name is Peter, and I'm a begginer rolled grass farmer near Warsaw, Poland.
    I have a small company making rolled grass. I would like to get some new experience and extend my knowleage about rolled grass farming.

Where can I (in Great Britian) find some company that do such things, and get some experience, traning materials or such staff

Best regards
    Peter

2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

3. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have a sod company in my territory at the FD. It is amazing how fast they can grow a lawn. I swear they cut it one day where you can see just a few scraps left over... and then a few weeks later it is a full turf again.

4. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

we have KING RANCH out west of us, 4500 acres of turf, 6 types and they can harvest 60 acres a day. we have been to there field days every year for almost a decade

5. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Sod Atlanta is who we got... I can't find anything other than bermuda where we are though... that partly explains how they can grow the stuff so fast... but I swear, I want to know what they are putting in that water... and the dirt looks like crap too, but the grass just keeps coming!

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to the forum, Peter.

What species or kinds of grasses are you working with there? How long and cold are your winters? If I recall my geography correctly you may have a similiar climate to ours.

We have just finished a hot, dry month here and the cool nights have just started. We are about 3 weeks away from our Average First Frost. AFF.

Also, what are your soils like?