1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help with scag swz36 PLEASE!?!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by AWMlandscaping, Apr 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. AWMlandscaping

AWMlandscaping LawnSite Member

I recently got a scag 36 hydro and it looked like **** so i decided to repaint, apply new decals, switches, blades, grips and tune engine up... Its all painted but i do not remember how the hydro assembly goes together... I know where the motor lines go but the smaller lines for the filter and fluid tank confuse me. Does anyone have a scag hydro that could post pictures of the pump area so i can get to mowing? I need to get the orange beast together ASAP! PLEASE HELP. I will post pictures when it is done

:hammerhead:

2. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

How old is your scag?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

lol ... now that I got that out of the way. If you have the VIN or some sort of ID# you can have a scag dealer print out an assembly page(s) for you. the info might also be available ny the same means online

4. AWMlandscaping

I dont know how old it is, and the guy that had it last tried to repaint it but he did horrible. And he took the model tag off...

5. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

there is still more than likely some sort of number stamped into the mower itself. that number will be matched to a year and model which from there can be chased. Bring it to a dealer because if you put it on wrong you risk breaking the hydro

6. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

http://scag.com/OpManuals/SWZ/SWZOPMANTOC.html

Pick a vintage and look at the manuals. A S/N starting with a 7 is a 2002 for reference. For the most part that mowers hydro package hasn't changed much over the years. If a dealer had a new one on the show floor it would be very close on how the lines run.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

8. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

9. AWMlandscaping

Found it! ill post pictures of finished product this weekend...