Help with Sched C Please

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Dan1944, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Dan1944

Dan1944 LawnSite Member

Ok Guys and Gals, It's raining today so I decided to (Ugh) start preparing my Tax return , This is my first year and am going to file a Schedule C with my return. The first stumbing block is what is the type of business code I should be using ? I am a solo LCO (with no employees).

Thanks (I have been dreading this for 1 year)
    :cry:

2. Dan1944

Dan1944 LawnSite Member

WoW, I love this site !

Thanks, Bob for the prompt responce;)

3. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

No offense, but if you are stuck at that point and have been dreading it all year, you might give serious consideration to hiring professional help, CPA, H&R Block, etc.

It could be well worth the money.

4. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Try seeing a tax attorney. I use one and found that anything said between us is in confidence because he is my lawyer. He also found that he seeems to know tax law better than the CPA I was using.

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Dan, Being that its your first year, I would recommend seeing a CPA (you can write his fee off next year). He could show you the proper way to fill out your tax forms and give you a solid base that you could work from the year after, should you decide to tackle it by yourself.

6. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Don't do your own taxes!!!!!!!!!!

The best money you will spend other then the new Z will be with a good CPA. I did my own then took them to my CPA and he got me hundreds back. I tried this 3 years in a row and the same every time. The "taxpreparer" I used was just a few $$ away from mine. We filed amended and got back $$$.

Plus they can advise you as to what you need to do to keep your hard earned $$$$ in YOUR WALLETT!!!!

Jim

7. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I used turbo tax for my business this year and it is working out great. I am not done yet but will be this weekend.

8. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

3 years ago I used Turbo Tax for the web. I had to file 2 schedule C's (one for me, one for wifes business) and 1 state form. I then took my info to a CPA and he basically got me the same amount of refund. The last 2 years I just used Turbo Tax for the web. Saves me about $450 per year.

9. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

I use TurboTax premier home & business.
    I get a free state tax program and I get to e-file for free.
    Have recieved my refunds in about 2 weeks or less for the past two years.
    With quick books and Turbo Tax I save about $500.00 per year.