Help, with senior project?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by JohnDeere757, Aug 29, 2007.

1. JohnDeere757

JohnDeere757 LawnSite Member

I'm doing my senior project on Different Turf varieties, and Lawn maintenance. I was wondering if there are any good books on mowing? And also, are there any good magazines on the topic? Thanks in advance guys, I really appreciate it!

2. Don Woods

Don Woods LawnSite Member

Turf Magazine. Email me your address and I'll send copies to you...they're free

3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Don whats your email?
    i would be intreasted as well

4. Don Woods

Don Woods LawnSite Member

5. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

There are three "bibles" of turfgrass management.
    Turfgrass Management, 3rd Edition by A.J. Turgeon
    Managing Turfgrass Pests by Thomas L. Watschke, Peter H. Dernoeden, and David J. Shetlar
    Management of Turfgrass Diseases by J.M. Vargas, Jr.
    James Beard authored several texts on turfgrass management but the information is dated. However, his text is useful when dealing with older turfgrass species that are not especially common with all the rage with hybrid varieties.
    Bear in mind when reading these texts that a certain knowledge, or language if you will, will greatly aid in your reading and comprehension as well as the practical application of the wealth of information contained therein.
    Magazines like Turf Magazine are sufficient for wetting one's appetite, but hands down the best magazine is published by the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, or GCSAA for short. Their research articles are simply amazing, yet without a base knowledge set to interpret the literally reams of data presented it will appear like so much gibberish.

6. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

How much will the books cost?

7. txgrassguy

I cannot say - however if you search the web I'm certain deals can be found.
    If you can't find these texts easily enough, I will post the ISBN number to help you find them.

8. newdude

newdude LawnSite Member

hey txsgrassguy, not to get off topic but, you guys have senior projects??

9. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

10. txgrassguy

????.......