Help with slow loading LS

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Lefet, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm having a problem with LS loading. It either takes a long time, or I have to reload the page. I'm using IE9. I can switch over to Google Chrome and it seems to work a little better. No other webpage has any difficulty loading. We have a cable connection and 2 desktops with a router.
    Is there any way to "ping" or check my system to see if the problem is within? And if there is, how do I evaluate the data? What should it be?
    Any assistance is greatly appreciated. It's becoming increasingly difficult and frustrating to get my daily fix!!!

Thanks!!

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

yes, you should be able to check (or ping) your system to see if it is a problem with IE on your end

I am using IE9 and also checked on Firefox and am not having the same issues that you are referring to

3. Lefet

So you could you please tell me HOW to ping?

4. Lefet

Ok, I googled "how to ping" etc. Followed the instructions and this is what I came up with. Now, can someone help me decipher the data?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
    Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Kevin>ping 24.38.213.110

Pinging 24.38.213.110 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 24.38.213.110: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 24.38.213.110:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

C:\Users\Kevin>

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i've used ie9 and firefox. it does happen from time to time. a page will just keep loading and be blank so i just hit the back button and reload and it loads fine.

6. Lefet

Yeah, I don't get it. It works better with Chrome. I have a page from before that's STILL loading!!

Does that ping information look right? Does it appear to be anything wrong with it?

7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Your mother board is probably going j.k :waving:

volkswagen-golf-2-gti-g60-462.jpg

8. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Lefet- having same issue.......having probs loading after logging on.....Im using a hi speed cable line.....every once in a while this happens with LS....Its winter time so a lot of activity on LS????? Overloading Moose River servers??? Dunno-

9. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Lefet, I am not sure Google chrome will be a long term answer for you as I am using chrome and have for awhile as it generally seems to be quicker however on LS in particular I have been having issues with speed lately too.

10. Lefet

That's what I'm figuring, too many people with not a lot to do!

Yeah, I use to use Chrome a lot more but then I heard some bad things about it so I stopped. Just use it now for LS.

Thanks gents for letting me know it's not just me.