help with sod

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mr.Lawn, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Mr.Lawn

Mr.Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Ok folks I went out with flyer's today when an elderly gentleman's asked me the price for re sodding his yard. Has this happened to anyone yet and what kind of price would you charge???? Would you take on this type of job???? Thanks Randy
  2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Figure the total sq. ft. of the property by measuring then divide by 500. That is how many pallets you will need, I charge about 300/pallet
  3. JLong

JLong LawnSite Member

it depends greatly on how much sod he is wanting. Did he tell you how big of an area it was?
  4. JLong

JLong LawnSite Member

sorry just reread your question. never mind my comment.

SILVERSTREAK INC LawnSite Senior Member

err uh i doubt the guys gonna wanna pay, youll have to figure on renting a sod cutter to skim off the old grass all over the bringing in more soil if necessary....

an easier way would be to rototill off the top of the grass, rake the grass clumps out of the dirt, then grade it....and install sod

sod here costs .21 a square foot, 505 sq. ft on a pallet, everywhere is different though, i charge 55 cents a square foot the soil work is additional...

just whatever you do make sure you get the old grass up before you lay sod, it dosent grow too well or wont grow at all if you lay it over crap

good luck!