1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help With Some Junipers?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by RLS24, Jun 25, 2012.

1. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

We did an install about 2 months ago, about 75 plantings total. Everything is doing great thus far, customer is doing an excellent job watering, except these Blue Star Junipers are having some trouble. I have used these in the past many times with great success and this is the first I've really had a problem with them. They have some patchy brown spots in them, the one pictured is the worst of them. I had the customer cut back on the watering of those significantly starting last week, and since then they have not improved but have also not gotten any worse. Any suggestions? I really hate to have to re-plant ALL of these...
    [​IMG]

2. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Could be air pockets in contact with the root ball. Check each plant again to make sure no air is in contact with the plants root system, re water in and cover with mulch. Make sure no mulch is buried with the mulch.
    easy- lift guy

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

too wet or too deep

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

junipers won't improve, trim out the dead. all you can hope is the rest not to die

5. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

I will trim out what I can and re-evaluate the planting. Hope for the best. Thanks guys!