Help with step saver video

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mow"N"Bud, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

I have read the other threads concerning the step saver video with the link to video egg, but it now says error, video no longer exist. If anyone could send me a link to an actual video of the step saver, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

this would be nice - i'd like to see it too!

3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Mow"N"Bud & petekief - the video was pulled because it was not intended for wholesale consumption.

Initially I sent the video, via email, to a member for their personal edification - I did not intend for this video to be published on an open forum do to the tongue-in-cheek remarks re another manufacturers brand of mower - though all in jest, on a public forum it can quickly become a tempest in a teapot.

The video simply shows the Q36 towing a lawnboy around via the Step-Saver (on a slight incline) - nothing more was intended to be 'showcased' on this particular video. Yep, thats it - altogether uneventful.

If your still inclined to view it, you may PM me :)laugh:) and I will be more than happy to send it along to you via email.

BTW - if I see it on another public forum - it will be pulled.

4. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

tried to pm - it said you weren't taking any - i would like to see it as i think my next mower purchase will be a BQ36

5. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

petekief -

I'd love to help you out, and indeed I am accepting PM's; but for a curious problem: it would seem my abilities to send and receive PM's have been disabled.

Perhaps one of the admins will graciously rectify the situation - post-haste?

6. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

Someone sent me a link to the video on my personal e-mail address. I must say that I am impressed with the Q36, and also the operator on the Q36. I'm impressed. From what I observed you use your feet to steer the step saver the opposite way you are wanting to turn and use your arms and shoulders to steer the pistol grips the way you wish to turn. You fellows who own Q36's with step savers, please let me know if I am correct with my observations. If I am correct with my observations, I'm sure it will take some considerable practice, and not something you will want to try while trimming in close quarters until you are very proficient.

I look forward to other replies as to my observations. So let hear from you Q36 owners as to using the step saver.