Help with stone veneer estimate?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by NJ Grass, Mar 29, 2011.

1. ma71t

ma71t LawnSite Member

Not to mention 3k is still only $10/ sq. ft........ I think you are both low. I also am interested in how you plan to mark down your sub?

2. wellbuilt

wellbuilt LawnSite Senior Member

Hay , I have a great idea why don't you pay the 3000 to the sub and charge a extra 2/3000 for your self so its worth your wail .
    Then your price will be low but not ridiculous .
    Just say en John

3. joes169

joes169 LawnSite Member
    from WI

Hard to tell for sure w/o an actual sight visit, but if the existing plaster was remotely sound, that could be a 1 to 1.5 day job for a few experienced tradesmen. $2200-3000 isn't too bad for labor IMO, but obviously it's all relative to your own cost of living, which is probably 2-3 times ours in NJ...............

4. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

I only do lighting, but I know a ton of guys who can help you out. You are the next town over. Send me a pm with some details about yourself.

5. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I think the topic creator has left the building, so we can all talk about him now!!!

He says he has a good stone guy, but he thinks he is too high!! Don't "good" people usually come with a price tag?

6. cecilmac

cecilmac LawnSite Member
    from nj

Wait a second 7 $ a sf for a decent veneer the cost is around 6_10 without corners and u cant buy them in peices u have to buy them by the box.. Haha wow..
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. joes169

joes169 LawnSite Member
    from WI

Unless I'm mistaken, he's only addressing the labor costs, not material.

8. cecilmac

cecilmac LawnSite Member
    from nj

I hope so cause he said he was thinkin of chargin 2200 maybe I read it wrong if so sorry..
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

I like the way the OP thinks. I think his price is a little high so I'm only going to charge 1000 for him to sub his guy out for me.

10. cecilmac

cecilmac LawnSite Member
    from nj

Nice right..
    Posted via Mobile Device