1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help with striping THROUGH objects

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Buckeye1, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I have looked at just about every stripe on this site and I have one question. When striping, how do you make it appear as if you have striped THROUGH a tree (shrub or any other obstacle in the yard) instead of striping AROUND the tree??

I would like to eliminate the "mowed ring" around the trees

So for those who do it.....whats your secret????????

BTW I tried a search and never found any answers.
  2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

When you are headed straight for the tree, and go aroung it, go around on the side that you will be making your return trip on. This way the next stripe covers up the rounded one.
    If it is a large tree ring, or object, instead of going around it, I will turn around and make short stripes up to the tree, then when I am able to make a straight shot past it, I will do the same on the other side. This also saves the time of going around the object multiple times.

EDWARDS LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

i use the same technique as crawdad. it works good for me.

you got hate them bare, worn out rings you get from making circles around an object.
  4. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

This one point right here is probably the one thing I will remember learning from LS. Nothing else stands out in my mind more than this.
  5. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info guys, good posts! Good question too.
  6. Ken's Lawn Service

Ken's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I just learned something by this post. Thanks to all..
  7. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Crawdad - Thanks. Sounds pretty simple.

Anyone else do it differently??
  8. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool, glad I was able to help. Funny, how after running these machines for years, you can still improve. If you stop trying to improve, ya might as well move on and do something else. Work for "the man" and get paid for putting in time.