Help with super Z mulching

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by High Humidity, Nov 29, 2005.

1. High Humidity

High Humidity LawnSite Member

I have a new Super Z 52 w/25 Kaw. It is now equipped with a quik chute and flat fusion blades. My problem is with the chute down I have severe blowout from right front. It has done this from day one, even with the high lift blades it came with. What is the answer? Should I switch to true mulching blades when running with chute down.
    thanks for the help,
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The blow out is caused by the Qwikchute, you do not have a true mulch kit installed with separate baffles to stop it from blowing out.
    The purpose of the Qwikchute is to temporarily stop clippings from discharging, and not as a on demand mulch kit.
    If your unit is a full frame 52" Super Z you can install a blow out kit and this will help reduce the blow out, but only a true mulch kit with mulch blades and the blow out kit will stop the blow out.

3. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Blow out baffles will be a much needed item. I take them off in Spring and install them when the grass dries out in the summer. You will notice a major improvement with the baffles. This will not be a true mulching system but a way to keep grass out of beds, walks ect. Much more productive than a dedicated mulch system.
  4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you're in FL and mowing Floritam grass mostly, then take off the quickchute and get the mulch kit from Hustler along with the anti-blowout kit. That's the setup I have on my 52" Super Z. No lumps, no clumps and no blowout. You'll have to slow down "just a little" in July and August when the going gets really thick, but the rest of the year you can mow at top speed.