Help with this lawnmower 2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Baseballer1100, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Baseballer1100

Baseballer1100 LawnSite Member

I am looking at a bunton its in pretty good shape and is a 52 inch cut an all that its 750$ what are your alls feelings on buntons? There is a picture on the bottom. I am just starting in this business so i need some help.

Attached Files:

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

my personal feeling is that if it doesn't have a t-bar then I don't buy it but other than that it looks like a decent machine.
    You'll have some problems getting used to the fixed deck but once you do get used to it, you'll likely never buy a float - the fixed deck is lighter, faster, and more accurate. It has less moving parts, less weight and less stuff can break.
    still, the mere look of pistol grips makes me gag

3. Baseballer1100

I have never used a lwanmower like this so it doesnt matter to me if it has t bars or not what are t-bars anyway

4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Is that 14 kawi or 12.5 kawi? seems like a very old machine and it is belt with pistol. Does it has sulky? Have you cut with it?
    You ask me would I buy? NO.
    You can get a newer nicer machine (hydro) for 2k or less...
    The mahcine looks brutal to operate with 90* heat, especially that pistol grip :realmad:

5. Baseballer1100

its a 15 kawi and whats the deal with pistol grips no sulky.CAn you find me a newer nicer machine (hydro) for 2k or less... i am just trying to find a good machine and i am having trouble with it. i was wondering if this was a good one

6. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Well everyone is going to tell you to not get it because of the pistol grips. Dont worry, they are not as bad as everyone says they are. It seems to me that you are looking for a nice mower that will not be used all the time everyday. Well the Bunton is a good mower. It is strong and has a nice cut. Dont worry about the belt drive. I have a belt drive Bunton with Pistol grips and it is a very good mower. Mine is only a 36 inch though. If i were you i would buy it for 750.00 just as long as us were able to test it and make sure that everything is working good and that it cuts to your liking. Remember that if the blades are dull they wont cut very good. Good Luck and i think you will be very happy if you do get it. If you have anymore Q's then feel free to PM me. God Bless!

7. Baseballer1100

Thanks you hit dead on about what i am looking for thanks for your help

8. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

yeah, and your arms would be pop-eye sailor man soon. Trying to hold pistol grip like 3 days in a row and you will cry baby for a hydro unit. For about 2k, yes, it is still but that is the beauty of searhing and looking around for opportunity. I had waited patiently for like almost 1 year till I found a super low hour 52" TTHP for sale last year, so don't give up, trust me, hydro is worth waiting for 10 times over belt walk especially that 52" size.

9. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

pretty... paint some racing stripes on it.

10. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

where in the world can i get a 52" hydro for 2k or less?