Help with TKD502SP Clutch Assembly

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by GMDrew, Nov 14, 2007.

1. GMDrew

GMDrew LawnSite Member

I have a TKD502SP Billy Goat (SN 1062) and the clutch assembly that drives the "self propelled" feature broke, and the parts have since come off the auxiliary drive shaft on the motor.

It appears, the root cause was the flanged end of the linear bearing broke off which let the sprocket and the rest of the details free to bounce off.

I bought a new flanged bearing, drilled a #12 hole in it for the 3/16" pin, and how need to re-assemble it. The spring, however, appears to need replacing as well. I would like to purchase a new spring for the clutch but can't find any info on it. If anybody knows what or where to buy the spring, I'd appreciate any info.

My Billy Goat dealer doesn't have any information, except for ordering an entire clutch assembly (PN 900307). If anyone has a picture or line drawing of the assembly with part numbers - I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks for any Help
    Drew

2. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Go to www.billygoat.com and click on the customer support tab then select owners manuals. The parts breakdowns are in the manuals. I believe the spring part# you are looking for is #900136.