Help with Tree Removal

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GG Green, Apr 12, 2007.

1. GG Green

GG Green LawnSite Member

Hey guys, can anyone tell me what price I should charge for cutting and removal for this size of tree? Also, is there an easy way of removing the tree stump below the ground level and what is the basic best equipment to use for the job? Thanks.....

Tree.jpg

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Hire a tree service.Your insurance won't cover you if you do something wrong.

3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

$450 to take it down and haul it away. Should take a couple hours with 2 guys

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

looks like power line right next to it

5. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, i wouldn't touch that. if it was in the middle of a big lawn without utility lines around it, i would cut it down and stump grind it.

the liability in this scenario definately isn't worth it.

6. GG Green

GG Green LawnSite Member

TGM, the line that you see in the picture is not a power line but a clothes line. There is no electrical lines anywhere near the tree.
    Stump grinder wouldn't fit through the gate.
    Is there any other way of removing the stump? Any other tools that can be used instead of the stump grinder?

7. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i cant tell from the pics if those are utility lines or power lines, if they are power stay away, if not, be very careful. if it were in a open area id get $250 to cut it down and haul it

8. GG Green

GG Green LawnSite Member

These are clothes lines only....No electrical wires close by.

9. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

i love cutting down trees JUST NOT FOR OTHER PEOPLE but i would climb it and cut from there and drop little stuff and cut it like 16inches and then sell it for firewood this winter thoes are not power lines i see the pole that it goes in to. i would charge at least $60 an hour and the stump thing will be gone with some coals from a fire (i know sounds funny) but it really works get coals from a fire and place them in a medle bucket and have another bigger medle bucket around the tree with the bottom cut out and dump the coals in there and they will burn it down to the ground takes a while cause its still green but it gets the stump out of the way and dont cost that much to do. and with the gate being in the way makes it so much better

10. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

At $60 an hour for a man with a chainsaw in a tree - I would venture a guess that YOU DO NOT HAVE PROPER INSURANCE. If you did - your rate for 1 man in a tree by himself would be $100 an HOUR. Come on - this is exactly what makes professionally trained Arborist look stupid. :hammerhead: