Help with underground gutter pricing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Pahl's Lawn & landscape, May 12, 2012.

1. Pahl's Lawn & landscape

Pahl's Lawn & landscape LawnSite Member

Hey guys i am wondering if anyone could help me with pricing some underground gutter installation. There is 5 gutters that need to be ran away from the house between 30 and 40 feet. I know they sell the kits so I am wondering how someone would bid something out like that do you do it by the foot? Im not really sure any other way you could get a sufficient price. And price including materials. If anyone could help me out i would greatly appreciate any advice you might have. THANKS!

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Get the price of your pipe and fittings add markup. Get the price of a 6" trencher for the day plus markup. Estimate 5-8 hours to do the work depending on your abilities. Add this up and you have a price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

couldn't have said it better myself.

:walking:

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Generally speaking, for one buried down-spout ran out about 8-10 feet, I'm usually at 175-250. This is always using sewer grade PVC and pop-up caps.

Did one run last year that tied 4 downspouts together, ran out one pipe 30' from the house and into a catch basin. It came out to around $2500.00. With a re-grade of the lawn against the foundation.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150202909217643.313599.185135107642&type=3

Personally, with the more rigid PVC, I'd use nothing less than a mini ex to cut your trench. The extra width gives you lee-way in laying the pipe.

That's just general though. Knok has pretty well summed it up.

5. FLCthes4:11-12

FLCthes4:11-12 LawnSite Senior Member

Chances are if you call it an underground gutter you are in for a good one. But gotta learn somewhere and education always costs.