1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help with upgrade.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevenf, Aug 19, 2007.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I know this isnt the first thread Ive made about it but I need a little more help. Im looking to get a trimmer, a backpack blower, and a stick edger for now and then upgrade my mower next year.
    I want equipment that will get the job done. Im not interested in a 40+cc backpack blower and so on.....
    Im looking for small commercial use equipment(Barely breaking the line between home and commercial use yet still getting the job done and lasting me a few seasons.
    Now, My goal is about $600.00 for all three. At first I was thinking the echo srm-210 attachment trimmer with the edger attachment. Also thinking of the PB-260L prolite echo blower.
    Anything else you guys could put together or thats pretty much the least expensive I will get?

2. TurfGuysInc.

TurfGuysInc. LawnSite Member

Why dont you get a commercial-grade trimmer and a bp blower, these 2 will add up close to$600. Later down the road you could purchase an edger, just my $.02

3. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

That does make sense.
    However, my girlfriends step dad bought an echo pb610 for $430, kept it about a year, said it wasnt enough power so bought another $500.00 redmax. He gave the echo blower to me!
    So now I can put all that money toward a trimmer and stick edger.
    Would you recommend the srm-210 trimmer and stick edgers? I have an srm-210 trimmer now. Its not very powerful but its about 8years old and I think thats why..
    What do you think? srm-210 or srm-230??? Or for the price of the srm-230 ($260.00) could I get a better trimmer?