1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help with Walker mower ramp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blueribbonlawns, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

I want to have a ramp made on my trailer so i dont have to be lifting heavy walker bags of grass all day.
    I just want some input from you guys on what you think would work the best, i have some pictures for you so you can see what i have to work with.
    All it is is just a ramp from the deck of my trailer to my grass container,
    In one of the pics i have some hockey sticks to show the angle of the ramp,
    From that spot it dosent look too steep.
    If any of you have any ideas or trailers that have something like this please tell me about it thank you.

picresized_th_1212469595_Equipment 039.jpg

picresized_th_1212469689_Equipment 040.jpg

picresized_th_1212469800_Equipment 041.jpg
  2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Looks way too steep. Get 2 large rubbermaid containers, dump into those, then dump those into the trailer. That way you only have to lift half of the weight.
  3. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

how do you dump out of the grass container
  4. Mike7468

Mike7468 LawnSite Member

What about possibly using some of the fold up alluminum ramps. I don't know if it would be to steep or not. It looks like it may be.
  5. Blueribbonlawns

In the pics it does look too steep but im going to post somemore today that show you exactly how steep it is.
  6. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Nice warrior hockey sticks, do you play? I heard they were pretty good im sticking wth Easton and Nike Bauer hahaha
  7. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

So, your walker can't be retrofitted with one of those high-dump tricks.

I see you can drop one of the sides a bit. Still leaves you with a good 1.5 feet to do with a ramp. Too much in my opinion.

I guess the best thing to do would be to use one of the sides of the grass container as a ramp. Make it hinged at about 1/4 from the bottom to double act as a fold down door and a small ramp for your walker to back up on. You have the width to get a person in there past the machine to empty the bag.

A lot of work but might be worth it.
  8. Blueribbonlawns

Heck yeah i play! i dont realy like the warrior its ok but my CNT rocks stay away from the S17's i broke mine in the first week so i returned it for a CNT and it lasted a whole year, Thats pretty good in HS hockey.
    I was the assistant capton last year and moved from defence to center because nobody could win a face off:hammerhead:
    Sorry i dident get the pics last night it's bin raining all night:dizzy:making a nightmare for me,
    Last week it rained all of thursday and friday and all weekend.