1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help with weed id

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Tharrell, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Can anyone id this weed for me?

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Nevermind, after not getting any replies here I asked in the grass cutters group and someone id'd it for me. You'll have to go there to see if you're interested.

3. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

And they told you it was cinquefoil?

there are many varieties of cinquefoil (about 20) heres my guess:

Sharp-toothed Cinquefoil Potentilla arguta: A perennial herb with glandular hairy herbage from 30-100 cm high. The several basal leaves are compound pinnate with 7-9 leaflets, the upper leaflets obovate in shape and the lower leaflets smaller and orbicular. The margins are toothed. Individual leaves are 10-25 cm long. The inflorescence is cymose and many-flowered. It is both narrow and compact. Each flower is saucer-shaped with the 5 sepals 5-8 mm long and flared. The petals are yellow, cream, or white and obovate in shape and about the same length as the sepals.

4. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

c'mon, be serious

5. TSM

from MA

I am serious...i could also be wrong

but my years of experience (as a younger man) tells me it aint what you may think

6. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

oh. I knew there was a 5 leaved plant similar looking, but I thought that seven leaves definately made it cannabis. You live and you learn. Cinquefoil:logged in my brain.

7. TSM

from MA

yeah, just type in cinquefoil into your browser, there are around 20 varieties, some with seven leaves