help with worms...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jose85, Aug 29, 2007.

1. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

well this is the first time i been to a house and the whole yard has green worms and brown about i say 1 in long...with 2 lines on its back...i mean there was a **** load on top the grass....hundreds and hundreds ....well we put down dylox and permethina what do yall think no pictures

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

3. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

yea i think so...thats what i was looking at ....we also put down dylox that should help....it does look like army worms

4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I'm guessing army worms too. They move in "in masses" very quickly. More apt to invade farm fields (like oats, wheat, etc), but can be a prob in new housing developments too.

5. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

naw this house is out of the city older house too ...thats why its werid...but there nothing but trees around it

6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I hope it was a foliar spray at the high rate.........that should knock 'em out. Otherwise, pull out the RPG's:laugh:

7. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Sell them!

8. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

Confront works extremely well for any cat activity, from army to tent to winter moth, they will die in matter of a blink of an eye.

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

We had an infestation of army worms here, and surrounding areas, about 5 years ago. There was billions and billions. almost every lawn, golf course, and ball field had them, and if they didn't it was a matter of time and they moved in! It was absolutely insane. Perfectly green lawns were stripped to the crowns leaving a brown path. In that time Dursban was the product that worked the best of anything. I know I used a couple things, Tempo and something else that were "labled" for them but it didn't even slow them down. Everyone with a spray rig and access to the chemicals was busy 12 hours a day for several weeks. Many people made a LOT of money off of that plague! Every year about this time I watch a little more closely, Just never know if that will ever happen again...