Help with writting?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by fire228, Jul 17, 2007.

1. fire228

fire228 LawnSite Member
    from florida

I am taking over a subdivision account with 12 lawns and I want to inform the people that their lawn service is switching companies. The bad part is I suck at writting letters, lol. The price and frequency will remain the same just the companies are different.

Can someone think up something short and to the point I could write and send them?

Thanks in advance!

:drinkup:

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

are you telling them that you will no lonnger cut, changing names or are the new cutter?

3. fire228

fire228 LawnSite Member
    from florida

I am the new cutter.

A company called Firefighters Lawn Care was doing it but now I am and my business name is Coastal Lawn Care.

Just need something telling them I am taking over

4. Supper Grassy

why are you taking over?

Do you do snow as well?

5. fire228

fire228 LawnSite Member
    from florida

well we have been doing it anyhow for the company we are taking it from (Subcontracting) but now they have other jobs to tend with and dont have the time for it anymore

6. Supper Grassy

I drafted this up

Dear Valued Firefighters Lawn Care Customer,

Firefighters Lawn Care has recently approached Costal Lawn Care about servicing your account. Firefighters Lawn care has become overwhelmed in the past few months, and will no longer be able to provide you with the lawn care that is needed; therefore, Firefighters Lawn Care has asked Costal Lawn Care to maintain your property.

Any Questions, Comments or Concerns can be sent to ----------------------

7. fire228

fire228 LawnSite Member
    from florida

Looks good to me..Thanks Alot

8. Supper Grassy

Yea no problem, you may want to have

Dear Valued Firefighters Lawn Care Customer,

Firefighters Lawn Care has recently approached Coastal Lawn Care about servicing your account. Firefighters Lawn care has become overwhelmed in the past few months, and will no longer be able to provide you with the lawn care that is needed; therefore, Firefighters Lawn Care has asked Coastal Lawn Care to maintain your property.

Any Questions, Comments or Concerns can be sent to ----------------------

Billy Bob___________________________Jim Jimmy

Owner and Operator_________________Owner and operator
    Coastal Lawn Care___________________Firefighters Lawn Care

have you and Firefighter lawn care sign the letter then send it (Remove _)

9. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know if I would say Firefighters is overwhelmed. I don't think that reflects well on them. Maybe say that they are going to focus on other areas such as landscaping/irrigation (or whatever their gig is) and decided to sell off or hand off the lawn maintenance division to you. By doing this, they can provide the same quality service their lawn customers have come to know, to their install customers, since they have grown faster than expected. That would put them in a better light I think than saying they are overwhelmed. I think I would mention also that you are the same crew that has been servicing their accounts, so they can expect the same quality going forward. Just some ideas, take them or leave them.

10. Supper Grassy

I agree, that was a quick on just to give him an idea