Help with ZTR for 6 acres

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by GONO2, Feb 28, 2014.

1. GONO2

GONO2 LawnSite Member

I am in the market for a new ZTR this year. I have three dealers within 25 miles of me. The choices are Toro, Hustler and Deere. Due to the amount of grass, I want to go with a commercial mower. I am looking at the following

Toro Z Master 2000 w/ 60" deck
    Hustler X One I w/ 60" deck
    I haven't really checked out Deere yet as I don't see many of the commercial folks using them around here.

Of the two listed (Toro vs Hustler), what are the advantages of each? Price is about the same. I like the fact that Hustler is made in USA, but I like the looks of the Toro a little better.

Some of what I cut is a little on the bumpy side (using it around the farm).

Please offer your suggestions on these mowers. Thanks in advance!
  2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

For 6 acres I would use a toro 6000 for the grounds Speed and also it's stronger for rough terrain and the resale value is way better
  3. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

If you could afford it I would step up to x one as it has much better transmissions and vx4 deck...
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. GONO2

GONO2 LawnSite Member

I looked at a Deere Z915B this morning and a Z930M. They look like really well built machines. Now I am more confused..... Any thoughts on those?