Help Yazoo Vs Hustler Vs Scag Vs Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milo, Jul 5, 2005.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

I AM GONNA BUY EITHER A HUSTLER Z60 23HP KAW 60 INCH OR YAZOO 61 INCH 24 HONDA .... I AM GETTING A PRICE FOR THE YAZOO FOR 6500 NEW AND 6600 FOR THE HUSTLER.. I HAVE RODE BOTH AND THE YAZOO IS A BETTER RIDE BUT I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HONDA'S ENGINES IN THE COMMERCIAL LAWN BUSINESS. AND AS FOR DEALERS I HAVE 3 YAZOO DEALERS CLOSE TO ME AND ONLY 1 HUSTLER DEALER. I HAVE STARTED SEEING ALOT OF THE YAZOO'S AROUND ME AND I AM 99% SURE THAT IS WHAT IM GONNA BUY. SO MY QUESTION IS HOW GOOD ARE THE YAZOO'S? AND IF THEY ARE THE SAME AS HUSQUARVNA I AM NOT WORRIED BECAUSE I GUY THAT I KNOW HAS ONE AND HE HAS 2200 HOURS ON IT AND NO PROBLEMS YET. ANYONE PLEASE HELP... AND I KNOW EXMARK GUYS AND SCAG GUYS. HELL I AM A SCAG GUY BUT THE YAZOO IS NICE AND ALOT CHEAPER. :dizzy:

2. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I have herd so much negative feedback about yazoo that i would NOT even consider buying a yazoo and the hustler i have herd great feedback about and NOTHING negative about hustlers.....go with the hustler for sure!

3. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

I talked with a lady in that was a LCO who had just bought 2 Yazoo mower like 3 months prior to our conversation and she was very negative about them,told me not to buy one/well I took her word and bought a HUSTLER SUPER Z with a 25 Kawasaki engine and 60'' deck (love the suspention seat) and that thin will sure get the job done,go with HUSTLER and you won't be sorry!They have a great customor service dept.too if you have any questions.

4. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

the hustler is ok but i think the yazoo is better.

5. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

around here Yazoo is getting more and more popular. Most everyone who has them is very happy with them. I have demoed them and found them to be very good cutting machine.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Don't let a cheaper price fool you or dictate your purchasing decision. How long will you be doing this? Are you only going to do it for a few years and have other plans, or do you plan on doing this for awhile? If your answer is the latter, then I would go with a mower that is tried and true, and proven in the field, rather than just risk it for a "cheap price". you can save money later on down the road. Being "frugal" on a major equipment purchase is not the long term solution.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Those Yazoo/Husqvarna mowers are nothing but garbage and the people at the company are even worse. If you think these mowers are BETTER than any other commercial mower on the market at all, then you are sadly mistaken.

Spend your hard earned money on a worthy product from a manufaturer that actually stands behind their product. To say that Yazoo is better than Hustler is complete blasphemy!!!! You couldn't be more wrong and have things more backwards. It's completely opposite. Hustler has a quality product and they are pretty much the most reputable company right now for standing behind their products and taking care of their customers.

If anyone has any doubt that Yazoo/Husqvarna is a shotty product and the company/people are even worse.... then just ask me to prove it. I can back up every single word I say......

Ask some others on here as well. They will tell you the same.

8. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

why are you asking the opinions of the pros if you seem to already have made your mind up? Yazoo/husq mowers are junk. We sell them at our PT job and thier zero turns blow. The hustler is a top quality machine. The super z had an incredible ride. Exmark is a strong mower and chances are you wont be disapointed. I bought a toro z master last month and love it (very similar to exmark) but I preffered the deck and dealer for the toro over the exmark.

If guys who have owned them are telling you of thier nightmares take thier advice. If you still want the yazoo/husq mower I can sell you the 48/17kawi for around 5 grand for a new 2004 model.

9. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Why ask for pro advice if you are not going to listen? :blob3:

10. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

My name says it all. :)