HELP! ZTR or Kubota 7800 for startup in rural/suburb area???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tejas241, Nov 8, 2004.

?

Kubota 7800 or exmark for startup?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2004.
  1. Kubota

55.6%
  2. Exmark

44.4%
  1. tejas241

tejas241 LawnSite Member

Hello all, and thanks for taking your time to help!!!
    I am a newbie and need some advice: I am semi-retired from offshore construction(commercial diver) and have been in an office for a couple years. Everyday the walls close in about 3", and i am miserable, I like to work outside with my hands. I have been envying you guys and have decided to take the plunge...
    Went down to my Lexmark dealer who is also Kubota to price ZTRs and am now confused :dizzy: ! His question was whether i intended on doing lawncare OR landscaping , where I thought most LANDSCAPERS did both or at least were somewhat one and the same.
    I can only afford one major piece of equipment. His opinion/advice seemed to be that if I wanted to do lawncare only, then he would get a ZTR. But if I wanted to offer the broader spectrum of actual landscape services then he would go with a Kubota 7800 compact utility tractor, cutting deck, and a couple implements. Then use my JD riding mower on small lawns.

As experienced professionals what do you guys think? Have any of you made that decision? With that kind of money I cannot afford a mistake!

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

see my post in the "just starting in business forum". on the same thread.