Help!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by hockeywng2, May 13, 2005.

1. hockeywng2

hockeywng2 LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    Need some help here. I got a letter from the postal service today that states that I have to pay $111 for 300 flyers I put out.

A) I only put out ~80 flyers.
    B) I'm 15 and only have about 15 yards i cut in my neighborhood after school.

I don't suppose there's anything that I could do to reduce/eliminate this is there?
    Thanks,
    Ryan

2. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

How did the postal service know where to mail it?.....you didnt put your address on the flyer did you?

3. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

Let's see 300 X .37 Cents a stamp..Yep 111 bucks. Sounds like mailbox to me.

4. hockeywng2

hockeywng2 LawnSite Member

Yea I put my address on the flyer :realmad:

5. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

Bet ya MR older than dirt has a saying for this!

6. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

Call them and talk to them. Maybe they'll give you a break. There may not be much they can do to collect from you, since you're a minor.

7. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell em to pack sand ..... your only 15

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Their next step would be to go after his parents then since they are responsible for his actions IMO...

9. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Were you aware of the law regarding mailboxes? If not explain to them your age, you did not know the law, and hopefully, hopefully they will cut you a break.But since you are a minor your parents are responsible for you and they could go after them if they want too.

PS take the address off your flyers too.

10. surfisher211

surfisher211 LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

putting flyer's in a mail box is a no no not only can they charge u postage but they can have u arrested if they want to . my buddy is a postal supervisor and told me when i put flyer's out DON'T PUT THEM IN THE BOX, but instead stick them on the flap part of the mail box if there on the street and put them behind the mail box if attached to the house and they cant say boo :waving: