Help!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Loosa, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Loosa

Loosa LawnSite Member

I am at the point of no return. My lawn program has been a mess this year weeds were terrible. I recieved bad advice for chemical rates. The question I have is there anyone out there that knows of commercial lawn care consulting.

I need someone to work with me on a quality solution to my problems. Not on the phone, I am looking for someone to work with me out in the field to see what I am seeing as far as lack of control of my weeds. Thanks for your ears!

Slim:cry:

2. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

I suggest you talk to the guys at your local Lesco, if you have one. I recntly toke the manager from mine out for a tour of some properties to get some advice and imput. It was great, he made some good suggestions. The consult was free, but I bought lunch. Any good supplier will do the same. Also, re read much of this boards history on this subject. Of course this is all assuming your liscensed to apply chemicals.:D

3. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

You may also want to talk to the Cooperative Extention Office as well as your local Agriculture Commissioner and even the instructors at the state universities for better advice than you can usually get from a pesticide dealer. When I was at UC Davis we would go out to help farmers, orchard keepers, vector control etc. all the time and I found it very educational.

4. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

out in the field for how long? couple days, weeks, months??

how much would you be willing to pay for this type of help?

5. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I would be willing to let you hang out with me for a day for a price. I could show you how to properly apply herbicides. Poor application methods are the main reason for poor weed control.