Help

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DJ Spraying, Aug 3, 2006.

1. DJ Spraying

DJ Spraying LawnSite Member
    from Utah

:waving: I am trying to mix Mec Amine-D just to spot spray some weeds. The label only talks about oz per 1000 square feet I think. I am trying to find out how much per gallon for spot spraying? Has anyone ever tried this?

2. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

You have to calibrate your sprayer to see how much you are spraying per 1K square feet.

Then you can go back and figure out how many ounces per gallon to mix.

3. DJ Spraying

from Utah

The problem is I am just spot spraying. I am not broadcasting over 1000 square feet.

4. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

DJ,
    Spray to wet out of backpacks or a pump generally works out to about 1 gallon per thousand. Again, spray to wet, not drench and you'll be fine at those rates.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Only way to be sure. Carefully measure and put 1 gallon water in your pump sprayer. Pump it up as usual counting the strokes (say 40). Apply water to parking lot. Carefully measure how many feet you covered. There you have square feet covered per gallon. Maybe it is 2000 sqft--then one half gallon covers 1000 sqft. Mark the liquid level on your sprayer that will cover 1000 sqft.
    In a hurry? Use a quart of water--calculate for a quarter gallon accordingly.

6. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

I understand what you are saying.

It doesn't matter if you are doing a coverage spray or spot spray. Your rate will be the same.

7. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

1 glug per gallon.

lol

Every selective WC Ive used over 25 years was always mixed at 1.5 oz/gal no more...sometimes less with acceptable results.

I also use this measurement when applying blanket weed control with a 12 volt spot sprayer with I believe a 1.5gpm pump, or a backpack.

For example, right now Im using momentum at the 1.5 gallon spot rate.

8. DJ Spraying

from Utah

thanks for all the info. I figure I'm spraying about 1 gallon/ 1k square feet when I spot spray. I can calculate that now. thanks-