help!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mr.Lawn, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Mr.Lawn

Mr.Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Hey folks!! My father in law gave me this bug, so i thought I would seek some advice. I am getting ready to start up my business in the sunshine state. I want and plan to purchase a zero turn mower that would work best for a new outfit justing getting started. Also some body had said that they have a rider for the insurance through their homeowners policy?? Is it better to go LLC or S Corporation? Thanks guys and gals.:walking:

2. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

S Corp for me.

3. ACutAbovesiny

Not quite sure the benefits of an LLC over an S Corperation.

4. djsp24

djsp24 LawnSite Member

different tax structures for either identity and the main difference is with an S-corp you can sell shares to investors to raise capital to start or expand a business, you can NOT do that with an LLC. When it comes to financing from a lender, LLC are very hard to get funding, S-corps are usually not as hard and C-corp's are by far the easiest to get funding for since they have been around for every and a day. ANY corp structure is a good idea because it protects your assessts like your home, car, etc. So i fully believe if you are going into any business, you really need to form a Corporate structure to protest you and your family.

5. ACutAbovesiny

What would be the benefits of an LLC??

6. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

You dont need a ZTR this first season. Get a good hydro walkbehind and a nice sulky and you will be in good shape! I would recomend either the Exmark Or Hustler brands!
    Good luck

Matt-