1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TotalLawn, Jul 15, 2001.

1. TotalLawn

TotalLawn LawnSite Member

One of my best lawns has been distroyed by concrete contrators. The yard is Fescue (well, now 1/2 fescue and 1/2 dirt). It is very hot and dry now here in Okla. (105 degrees 2 days ago) I am very hesitant to put down fescue seed or sod right now due to the high temps as there is no irrigation. Is there another grass that could be recommended to grow in this area? (95% shade).
  2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Are they paying? If so no problem, fix it right. Can the dirt be removed and blown off? Sod would be the best quick fix but must be watered several times a day for at least 2-3 weeks. Maybe if the dirt is quickly removed and the grass is watered there may be little damage.
  3. TotalLawn

TotalLawn LawnSite Member

He pays fine.
    The dirt can't be removed (to much, to deep). The guy owns a retail clothing store and works from around 9:00 am to 9:00 pm usually every day except sunday and Monday. So he won't be watering much. Do I wait till it gets cooler then lay the sod?
  4. racerdave

racerdave LawnSite Senior Member

The question is can you water it? Don't trap yourself in a box. Sounds like you could do well on this by sodding and watering until it is established. This is an option you should offer him.