help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ballstein28, Apr 29, 2007.

1. ballstein28

ballstein28 LawnSite Member

and since im kinda new. i got a 05 scags walk behind hydro 52in 21 hp. cut quality is aweful leaves behind tons of stragglers stripes look great but with all the straggles which are easly seen almost always requires a double cut im running 2 spacers on bottom of deck 3 on top and 2 on bottom of caster wheels and 2 on top what could be the prob with all the uncut grass suggestions please:hammerhead:

2. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

take it to a pro lawn service shop....those guys will tell you whats wrong...

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Are your blades sharp and are they all right side up?

4. ballstein28

took to the dealer bout the issue and got new blades put on 4sure there on right any other suggestions

5. Nathan Robinson

Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712

It cant be right. Dealers make mistakes as well. I know the factory blades have had this problem in the past. I would buy a after market set of blades.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Tell us a little more about what you are cutting....height, grass type, any weeds, wet conditions, ground speed, side discharge or mulch plate on, type of blades. I got three WB scags and they are a lot older and considerable less hp than you .....

7. ballstein28

cuting in the louisville ky area fescue grass type. i got the walk behind set on 3.25 to 3.5inches two spacers on bottom 3 on top not wet no weeds stripes beautiful just leaves tons of straglers i took the custom cut baffle off after putting it in all positions found lil to no change any tricks to getting blade tip speed up

8. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

i dont know how a scag is set up but how fast are you going sound like your in 5th gear

9. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Don't know what type of blades you are currently using but I would suggest trying some high lift blades or possibly running doubles and see if one of those items helps with the problem.