1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by YukonG, May 28, 2007.

1. YukonG

YukonG LawnSite Member

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

A little more information would be nice. Will you be using it commercial or personal use? If personal, they have a seperate forum for these type questions. If commercial, neither.
    Personally, I like Deere.
  3. YukonG

YukonG LawnSite Member

Commercial, but I don't have any really large accounts yet.
    I have 2 accounts that are about 1.0 and 1.25 acres. I have another 2 accounts that are 0.5 and 0.63 acres; but these 2 have to be bagged and look really nice. I don't have the money for a commercial mower; so one of these will have to suffice for now. I need an excellent cut with good bagging ability also.

It appears to me that the Deere is a better built tractor; but the Craftsman has a better engine. The Craftsman also looks to have a better deck, but I'm not sure on that. Overall, the Deere feels the best to me. But I'm mostly concerned with cut quality, not my comfort.

And I'm open to suggestions.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not a 48 WB or a ZTR ?
  5. YukonG

YukonG LawnSite Member

I have been looking for a month or so now. But I can't find anything in the $2500 range that is worth buying. I think a ZTR is out of the question in my price range. What 48 WB would you recommend in my price range that has a good bagging setup?
  6. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Quick 44 Samurai w/Kawasaki & electric start for $2995.00 - this IS your best bet. :usflag:
  7. YukonG

YukonG LawnSite Member

How long would it take me to mow 1.25 acres with the Quick 44?
    How well does the bagger work?
  8. Garagedude

Garagedude LawnSite Member

I'm the owner of the JD site: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/John_Deere_L100_Club/
    I personally own a JD L100, a Simplicity zero turn and they both have advantages over each other, but I really like the zero turn. It cuts better than the JD any day. As far as bagging, the JD's tend to clog in the chute if you push the limits on heavy grass. If you go slow your ok. The JD's are built by JD and are better built, better engineered mowers than the Sears. Why not buy a used JD for now and save your money for a walk behind or a zero turn down the road. The used JD's are about half or even less than half of a new one. email me at garagedude@insightbb.com if you need further help
  9. YukonG

YukonG LawnSite Member

I have been on the lookout for a good used machine. I just haven't found something to suit me yet. For this reason I thought I would just go ahead and purchase one of the mowers in my original post. I have the 2 nice accounts waiting on me to get a mower. I need to do something pretty quickly.
  10. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

Less time than that tractor would, that's for sure.