help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mrha18017, Nov 12, 2001.

1. mrha18017

mrha18017 LawnSite Member

im 21 years old and i want to start my own grass cutting buisness.I was wondering if someone could help me out on how to get started.

thanks

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

you have come to the right place, i have learned tons! one thing that helps a lot and that i do frequently as do the older members also is doing a search, u can do a search for any question u have and u will get tons of answers, if there is one that u cant seem to find or are still unclear about post away and u will have tons of replys!

3. DoctorGreenthumb

DoctorGreenthumb LawnSite Member

Mr. Ha

there is alot to this field you need to learn . First of all you are going to need about $ 5000.00 if not more to star off . If you want to make money in this business you must know what your doing learn the basic techniques first and there is more that follows . Well i also live in the cleveland area and its a hard city to start a business . I'm sure you heard of my business CHEM Lawn care . I started off just like you it was hard and there were good points and bad points about this field if you want you can give me a call and maybe come out to my company and do some work for us and i'll teach you these basic things to start off in this amazing field .

give me a call anytime from 5 pm to 12pm
    1-440-342-1945
    Ken Edwards aka DoctorGreenthumb;)

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Starting off in the business !

Me and a friend are hoping to start a residential grass cutting buisness by next
    summer and eventually get some commercial contracts if possible . I live in
    Cleveland, Ohio area i just wanted to ask someone out there some tips to start a
    buiness , What type of mower is good to get and brand and how much a used price
    of a decent mower would be ? I know there are many types of mowers and a variety
    of brands if anyone has suggestions out there please let me know . I know there are
    many ways to go in this field and just want to start out small now and eventually do
    abit of everything in the lawn buiness down the road .

thankyou DoctorGreenthumb

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=22335

What the heck are you talking about? Your talking about starting up as a partner in the other thread, now your talking about coming by your shop and you'll teach him.

Am I missing something???:confused:

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Last thread you don't even have customers yet, this thread you have work this guy can come do????????????

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What IS up with all that???! And what is this "Chem Lawn Care" thing? If you are even serious, that is. If ServiceMasters legal dept. ever got wind of this, (and inevetibally, they would, eventually,) they would have your back to the wall faster than you could put yourSELF there. And again, what's with all these guys goin' in to the "grass cuttin'" biznis all of a sudden?:confused:

I'm sorry, but I always find it to be that HONESTY is the best policy. Going from "starting" a business to mentoring someone, in one day is quite a leap. You must be doing well. Huh, lb84?

7. a1 lawncare

a1 lawncare LawnSite Member

mrha, like stslawncare said you are at the right place, not knowing anything about you, or your cash posisition, i would suggest you check out some used equipment, when you look at a piece of equipment come back to lawnsite and run a search on it. there is a very good chance someone on here has used or is using just about anything you find. are you going to try and go full time or part, do you have any of the things your going to have to have, truck, trailer, string trimmer, edger, the list can go on and on, also you'll need to think about ins. and lic. on your equipment if you have some of these things thats great if you don't when you buy try to buy commercial grade stuff, the quality and durability are worth the added expense, and the homeowner stuff will not hold up..

again, best wishes, keith

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I guess DrGreenthumb doesn't plan on responding to this!???! Maybe he's out trying to start his already established business.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Doctor?....

10. He is obviously a proctologist who specializes in blowing smoke up everyone’s azz.