Help

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by TinMan1, Mar 27, 2013.

1. TinMan1

TinMan1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SC

One of my customers called last week and said her yard was a mess can i come cut it, i thought that was strange since her Bermuda is still dormant. Unbeknown to me when I got there I observed she had thrown out handfuls of Kentucky 31 and it was in clumps all over her yard a foot high. Talk about undoing all the work I put into it last summer, wish she would have let me overseed. Anyway she wants me to overseed Bermuda I guess how do I get rid of these awful clumps in her yard before doing the warm grass?
    Will the heat in SC kill it off or should I dig them up?

2. TinMan1

from SC

No one can help?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Too much to dig or not? If not, dig it out. If a little too much, wipe with Roundup.
    Then tell her NEVER to use K31 again. Man that is junk.

4. wrager

wrager LawnSite Member
    from ATL

If you use RU now, you'll have brown patches into May. Not a terrible thing, it will recover. The lawn should be scalped now anyway for its first cut. Keep it low and the K31 won't stand a chance in the heat. Your growing season isn't long enough for overseading.

5. TinMan1

from SC

Thanks guys. Only about 1000ft she screwed up could prob dig up the clumps. Talk about looking like crap and my truck parks in front of it 👎
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TinMan1

from SC

Sq ft that is..........
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Tin:
    Atrazine 4L will kill the fescue. Pull up a label and check on the Bermuda. Since it is dormant, you may should be OK. However, on actively growing Bermuda, it will stunt it, also good for centipede and St. Augustine. Just use under 85 degrees. Mostly in Fall and winter weed control.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013