Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by LifeBack Lawns, Nov 16, 2013.

1. LifeBack Lawns

LifeBack Lawns LawnSite Member

So the bottom of my SG-120 sprayer hose connection under pressure spun off (vibration or not checked) and spray weed killer down my back. Before I realized what happened I ran off the lawn, but I have these hideous burn spots.I was doing weed control in the mulch rings and beds. I tried fertilizing and throwing new seed down, but the days range from 50-70* and nights have been 37-25* :(. I really need to fix this spot and do not know where to go about doing this as it has been a month an still the eye sore. My client has been patient too. Thank you so much for any help.

IMG_2608.jpg

2. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

your only other option really is sod............

3. LifeBack Lawns

Cutting out part of this fescue blend yard and patching it with sod?

4. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

our sod here is fescue. It might not take root before winter but at least that will by you till spring and cover up the eye sore.

5. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess there's nothing you can do this year since your temp's are so cold.

Just in case you get into trouble, you do have license for that, right?

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

"Doing weed control in the tree rings." Does this mean glyphosate? Pre-emergent? Snapshot? Ortho Triox (12 month control)? Will this kill the trees, too?
    Is this grass fescue?

Sod that matches is the best bet--instantly healed--good as new. Cut it out square and patch with pieces cut to fit. Be sure to come back and water it twice per week to be sure it takes OK.

Your other option is to remove dead grass and thatch, add a bit of soil and reseed. But, you would have to use a mix of fescue and perennial rye to speed things up. Customers are seldom patient enough to let it fill in without a couple of callbacks.

If you are talking about your a$$ where the solution spilled...see a licensed dermatologist. The pants with the yellow stain on the back--discard.

7. LifeBack Lawns

Haha. Thanks for all the information! I guess I will try the fresh soil and rye/fescue. This is primarily Stetson II tall fescue, falcon IV all fescue and compete tall fescue.
    Posted via Mobile Device