1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by 89Ranger, Feb 18, 2004.

1. 89Ranger

89Ranger LawnSite Member

Hi, I am trying to start my own business this summer and needed to know about how much to charge for lawns? Also people say to get the hydro deck and some people say not to. what is a hydro deck? Should I get one with it? Any help will be used and greatly appreciated. Thanks

--Jon:confused:

2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

how much money do you have to spend? depending on your budget will depend on what equipment you can get. Do your research on equipment. I personally would start out with a 36 in walkbehind that is belt driven. You dont need a Hydro mower.

Most people are charging between $25-$45 per cut

3. 89Ranger

89Ranger LawnSite Member

I am going to try to get about 5 grand from the bank and also buy a 6'x10' enclosed cargo trailer with a ramp door for 2500.

I don't have any equipment now

4. mow2nd

You must have checked out my website www.mow2nd.com I agree go with that trailer, keeps everything out of the rain, and from theft. the rest may run you around $3,000 if it is NEW, or you can find some used equipment much cheaper. Good Luck

5. 89Ranger

89Ranger LawnSite Member

mow2nd, how do you get 10-20 new customers each day? If you could please tell me a liitle more about it that would be greatly appreciated. I am very interested in it.
    Thanks

6. mow2nd

Sorry, I dont just give away FREE information. I will say, I have looked this site up and down, nobody has a clue.

7. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

10-20 a day? Yeah right....

8. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Call around your area and ask other LCO's min prices and add on prices. It will give a good idea and start.

9. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto.

I started with a belt drive and when I bought a hydro I hated to even use the belt drive. The hydro will be more expensive but it's worth it.

10. mow2nd

You can get 10-20 new customers a day, you people just dont use your heads. Everybody is doing the same old thing, be creative, be different, there is a way..........good luck