1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rixtag, Dec 1, 2000.

1. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

I am checking all of the wheel bearings on my old eXmark 36(belt drive) and I am needing some help removing the spacer/bushings on the drive wheels. they are making some noise and I want to take advantage of the winter to replace as needed. My parts manual doesn't indicate that they are threaded or held in by anything but they are very stubborn.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Just drive them out from the opposite side with a hammer and a punch.
  3. rixtag

from Lehi Ut

THANXS Richard, but have done that and not enough of a lip to be secure, slips and scratches the bore....thanks anyway

4. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I did what Richard is saying with my bobcat belt drive, only I used a flst head screwdriver instead of a punch.

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

get a pilot brg puller and snacth it out
  6. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Have you tried liquid wrench? I had the same prob, and used that after it sits for a while, Tap it on the edge with a fisthead driver mine came right on out. Hope this might help, good luck.
  7. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

You could try heating it with a torch as a last resort.
  8. rixtag

from Lehi Ut

Thanks all for your help. I was able to (with some help) get one out. The bore was scored so I didn't feel bad trashing it to get it out. The other one pressed out ez once the bearing were out of the way. Will be replacing all bearings and bushings. Thanks again everybody!!!