Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Dodgemania, Apr 19, 2004.

  1. Dodgemania

    Dodgemania LawnSite Member
    Posts: 97

    Need help on what to charge on fertilizer application. I've got about 1.5 acres to fertilize. There are some weeds but mostly like a wild onion type weed to get rid of. Goal is to have a lush green lawn. I don't do much fertilizer applications so I need help on what you all suggest as far as what to put down and how much to charge. It's fairly hilly and will be pushing with push spreader unless I can rent a rider.
  2. Scraper

    Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,656

    Just fertilizer?
  3. Dodgemania

    Dodgemania LawnSite Member
    Posts: 97

    What ever it takes I'm asking you. I told you what's going on I just need a suggestion on what to put down to control some of the weeds and and to make the grass more green and full.
  4. weedboy

    weedboy LawnSite Member
    Posts: 9

    I think what scraper is getting at is....Are you licensed?
  5. weedboy

    weedboy LawnSite Member
    Posts: 9

    Not trying to be a smart@#$....It's just need to be licensed to do that kind of work. You could get in trouble otherwise
  6. Luscious Lawns

    Luscious Lawns LawnSite Member
    Posts: 133

    In GA you do not need to be licensed to spred ferterlizer or ph adjusters. Cat 24 is only required for control or supression of a pest. A pest beying any plant or insect which detracts from the value of the property. What to charge? I don't know what to charge in your market but try around $25 + $3 per 1000 sq ft.

    You might want to check with your county extension agent about what the law in your part of the woods is.

Share This Page