help!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by benb0808, Aug 3, 2004.

1. benb0808

benb0808 LawnSite Member

last night it was a flat and tonight its the hydrostatic drive on my Quick 36". Any ideas on what could be wrong. I engage the throttle and the wheels won't go. I can see the axle spinning but no power in the wheels. I pick up the back end and pull the throttle and the wheels spin but once it touches the ground they won't go forward or backward. The brake also does not engage when I let up on the throttle, like it normally does. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Ben Baumgart
    B2 Lawn Co.

2. benb0808

benb0808 LawnSite Member

Anyone?....................................

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Does Quick 36 have some sort of helpline? I've used a few hydros before, but never experienced this problem.

4. HOOLIE

Maybe double check the level of hydro fluid. Just thought of that. Dont' know if that could cause your problem.

Anyone else?...

5. benb0808

benb0808 LawnSite Member

they have a helpline but not available til the morning...tryin to get it fixed tonight so I can quit worryin about it...I'm on my third day of use with it so I think the fluid levels should be OK

Ben Baumgart
    B2 Lawn Co.

6. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

If its new send it back and tell them you want another new one... thats not a pos

7. TotalLawnConcepts

TotalLawnConcepts LawnSite Member

If it is a new piece of equipment take it back to the dealer, if it is not call a couple local dealers with shops and see what they think it might be.

8. HOOLIE

I think these machines are shipped direct to you (no dealer). I just saw someone using one the other day for the first time.

9. benb0808

benb0808 LawnSite Member

shipped from North Carolina...no local dealers....It cuts well and is easy to use...hoping its something minor...I've got lots of work and don't want to fall behind.

10. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

This is exactly why you don't buy a mail order lawnmower. What good is a bargain if it won't work?