Help

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by MarcusLndscp, Nov 27, 2004.

1. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Hi everyone
    Just wondering who can help me with posting pictures. I've tried many times with no success. I found a post from Chuckwk that explained how to do it but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I have a Sony digital camera that takes pics onto a small CD if that's of any relevance. Any and all help would be appreciated
    thank you Mark

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Under the advanced menu...BEFORE POSTING THE REPLY: you have to upload the file then click on the link, copy, and paste it into your reply, then post your reply.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Ok, you have the small cd.. Have transferred the pictures from your cd over to the computer? That's your first step, you will need to read the instruction manual to figure out how to do that. It shouldn't be too hard.
    Once your pictures are stored on the computer, then you need to find out where they are. Mine are stored under pictures. When you find the picture you want to post, open it up. Sometimes it will need to be resized down. I usually size them to 500 x 500. Are you familiar with resizing. Ok, once it is resized, you can now post them. Click the new thread button, or if you are replying to a post, click reply. Scroll down to where it says "manage attachment." Click that. Click browse, which will let you browse your computer, find the picture you want, double click on it, then click attach.
    That should attach the picture for you. I know it sounds like a lot of steps, but once you post one, it's really easy. Any other further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

4. MarcusLndscp

okay that sounds easy enough
    What about resizing? I was just looking at that and couldn't figure it out. I already have the picture in my computer in "My Pictures"
    Thank you

5. MarcusLndscp

test test test test

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

What software do you use to resize pictures? I use Dell Image Expert, I believe you can also use Paint... If you can't resize the picture to the correct size, you may send it to me to resize, (probably29@yahoo.com) but eventually you will like to know how to do it yourself, so you can post any pics that you want at any time.

7. MarcusLndscp

Yes I have paint. I can get to the area to resize it but then it only shows a corner of the actual image and can't figure what to do at that point. I'll try one with this post
    Thank you for the help

McinVilSqFio 018.jpg

8. MarcusLndscp

okay.....now to remember how the hell I did that!!! :dizzy:

9. MarcusLndscp

Well, after an afternoon of messing around I figurred it out. In paint, rather than change the pixels I shrank it by 50%. In an area that says Stretch and pull or something like that. In any case thanks for all your help
    Mark

10. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

After i hit reply,i go to"manage attachments" and I get an error message.Is there something i should enable or disable? Nothing is there which will let me browse.