Herbicide App. Pricing?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RON WARD, Feb 11, 2003.

1. RON WARD

RON WARD LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I am a new, Kansas Licensed Commercial Pesticide Applicator. So don't "ding" this rookie too hard. QUESTION:

HOW DO YOU GUYS GO ABOUT PRICING A HERBICIDE APPLICATION. THIS IS FOR A LARGE LAKE AREA. ANY FEEDBACK WILL BE APPRECIATED.

RON
    1-800-627-3626

2. Won't "ding" you to hard, but more info is required.

What are you spraying, what chem, what veg.

What's you overhead, what's your labor, what's you cost of doing business, what's your cost of materials. what;s you cost of water?

Round up I charge $25 a gallon. 1 gal minimum.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Where at in Kansas are you located, maybe I can help?

MATT

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

First step for me would be to get a measurement of the area. sqft or acre. Then you can figure out your material cost per unit of area. ( I go by 1000 sq ft.) The rest is estimation how much time and work the application will take and how much your time is worth or how much you need to make per hour, and only you can know that. There are a lot of variables in applications, but material cost , area, and time are the main ones.

Good luck

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Roundup Label

RON WARD

Be careful about reading the label on any chemical you apply. Especially around water or drainage. Round up is not labeled for application in drainage areas. The Adjuvant in Roundup kills fish. Therefore you must use a Aquatic labeled herbicide on the banks around a lake of stream,etc. I once made the Mistake of using Reward (aquatic label) and a sticker ( not aquatic label). Results was a minnow kill.

Pricing ---- Time and material or estimation of T&M.

6. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Everything we sell is T & M. You just have to know how much you T costs/hr, how many hr are required and how much the M costs for the project. Add a profit and voila, you have a price quote. No idfferetn than mulching, pruning , mowing, planting flowers. It is all the same.