herbicide application

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RAlmaroad, Sep 8, 2007.

1. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

What method of application can be used for applying systemic fungicide (T-Storm) that calls for 4oz./K A.I. IF Large tank (200 gal) is NOT available?
    Currently used backpack with concentrated liquid (Systemic) and then watered into soil with irrigation sprinklers to get up to 100 gal of water/acre suggested by label.
    Is there a way to use a Z-Spray to apply--tank only holds 18 gal.?
    Back-pack method did well as long as it was a small area.
    Suggestions please.
    Thanks

2. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i talked to the lesco rep here in town and he told me each 8oz pack treats almost 17k sq ft

3. lescojdl

lescojdl LawnSite Member

Just use about 4 oz of product per gallon in a backpack sprayer. Usually you can cover 1,000sqft with one gallon, so just base it off of that. I assume you are using the t-storm flowable.

4. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Do as Lescojdl said, or use the z-spray as a 18 gallon backpack. They'll spray at a gal. per M, right? Would be putting out the same as a gal. per M with the backpack. Or to get your volume up, could you go over the area twice with the z-spray to get 88 gal. per acre, or is this not feasible? I don't know how big of an area you're talking. Could you use the hand gun on the z-spray. It'd be roughly 5 tanks per acre, but maybe an option. Just thinking outloud.

5. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

With the z spray you can use the grey nozzles and get 1.35 gallons of mixture per thousand square feet. I mix 15 gallons leaving the last 3 gallons in the tank open so I can shake it up real good before applying. I can get 11k per tank. Its best to use a contact and systemic mixture. Alot of filling but no need to water afterwards.

6. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i used the 1gal per k nozzle and just ran 2.5mph instead of 5mph to put out 2gallon per min....i think i will put otu a 2nd app next weekend.....