herbicide/pesticide mixing/rinsing system

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by phopkins, Sep 6, 2007.

1. phopkins

phopkins LawnSite Member

Does anyone use a mixing/rinsing system or does everyone do it by hand?
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I pour from 2.5 gallon jugs. I have an inside-the-tank measuring bucket. So i never need carry a measuring bucket full of herbicide up a ladder to my hatch cover.

I park my truck on containment rinsing pad. State law.
  3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We use a bulk filling station (no......NOT gasoline):laugh:

Capacity = up to 5000 gallons of fert plus up to 2000 gallons of water. We often nearly use up the 2000 gallons of water each morning, so we have a garden hose with a "float" shutoff (with backflow device) to keep it filled. We empty the 55 or 30 gallon drums of herbicide into 2 1/2 gallon jugs to make measuring easier.

We can fill a 300 gallon spray tank in less than four minutes using a trash pump (Northern Tool & Equipment) and a digital flow meter (Sprayer Specialties, Inc). We use 3" and 2 1/2" hoses with quick disconnects on our spray tanks.

This system is not that expensive, but it works like a champ. Hope this gives you ideas. :usflag:
  4. phopkins

phopkins LawnSite Member

Do you have any pictures that you could share. That sounds exactly like what we are interested in setting up. Thanks for your help.