Herbicide pricing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bamafan192069, Jan 19, 2009.

1. bamafan192069

bamafan192069 LawnSite Member

how much does anyone charge to speard Herbicide, and if that is all the company wants how many applications of that can i put on in a year? i live in florida by the way.
    thanks

2. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

You need a license to apply herbicides. If you were licensed you would already know to read the label. Think about hiring someone that knows what they are doing. Fines are way to huge to take the chance of getting caught.

3. bamafan192069

bamafan192069 LawnSite Member

i am getting my licensing, and thats why im asking so i know when to spary. if your only going to be a downer person, then dont reply i dont need negative advise!

4. Jerry Andersen

Jerry Andersen LawnSite Member

1000000000000000 times

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Well...Dude from KY that lives in FL that needs advise on how many times he can spary a yard in 1 yr. That depends on the product you use and the LABEL instructions. Part of getting your license is being able to read a label, comprehend it and follow it. The LABEL will tell you everything you need to know...PPE, Mixing, rates, MAX USE RATES(if any), weeds controlled etc...
    My advice is get licensed first then read the LABEL.

6. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

Its the same as every other pricing aspect of your business. You need to find out your costs first, so while your getting your lic educate yourself on all the processes of being an applicator. Also talk to your potential suppliers, ask questions here (legitimate ones), and don't lie to lawnsite members that are potentially going to help you with your business :nono:

7. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

2 year ride along in FL to get a lic# so by then he will know how to read the label...................go to the extension service Brandon

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  8. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Here is some positive advice, take some classes and learn about pesticide applications before you ask a question like that.

9. Real Green

Real Green LawnSite Senior Member

He is not trying to be a "downer person" nor is he being negative. He is being honest with you and trying to point you in the right direction. There is a lot more to this industry than hoping on Lawnsite.com and asking a few questions and then heading out to do the applications. You need to understand that there are strict laws and policies set forth by each state to prevent mis-use of herbicides. I'd suggest you contact you local co-op extension office and let them know of your interest in applications of herbicides. While you are at it, actually get the license, instead of saying, "I'm getting it." Try to network with others in this industry that are actually located in Florida so you can see what they do and pick up some information from them. You may learn a thing or two about pricing. I really do wish you the best of luck, but I think you starting out on the wrong foot.

10. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

one more small tid bit of advice is to learn how to grow good grass and not good weeds and then you wont need that much herbicide in the first place, you cant seed and go here, its SAG and that takes some work to grow