1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MOturkey, Apr 2, 2004.

1. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Can you fellows tell me if a license is required to use a herbicide, specifically Round-Up. I've had two different people tell me two different things, one that you can, one that you can't. I had assumed since it is a non-restricted product, that it was legal to do so, but now I'm not so sure.

I live in MO, if that makes a difference, as I don't know whether this type of regulation varies from state to state. Also, if no one knows for sure about MO regulations, who, or what agency would I need to contact to find out for sure. Thanks.
  2. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

YES, unless you are using it on your own property.

Even if the customer purchases the product and you apply it for free.
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Here you go Neill, the phone numbers and all...

Yes you do need a license to apply any pesticide in the Show Me State. Roundup is a weed killer and the weeds are the pests.

The only thing you can put down is straight fertilizer, like starter fert, or some other straight fert.
    You can call them and ask, they are very helpful too.

Where is Bolivar, Missouri???